CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Greetings humans!

Hey all! This is my first time blogging. I've decided to give it a go after reading through many of my friends' blogs (Yes, i was inspired by you lot so be proud!!) and since i have plenty of time on my hands when i'm not playing squash so yeah...

Anyhoo, it took me ages to come up with a name for my blog. After typing and retyping many many many lame, corny and cliche' titles some turning out like Rachael's life...(How bloody uncreative is that?!!) I decided on Confessions of a Languid Daydreamer. The question that might be going through your mind right now might be "OH Rachael, please enlighten me on the reason why you chose this wonderful-ish title" or "Omgwtf is Rachael writing??" or something along those lines. So me, being oh so thoughtful, will answer those two questions for you.

Let's see... i'll start on the word Daydreamer. Why Daydreamer? Well that's cause i loooove to daydream. Yes you may ask my friends 'specially my school mates whether i do daydream and they would tell you yes(Well, i hope they would) and that i use to daydream and pretend that i was...a mutant, a secret agent, Elmo, and i had two hot imaginary guy friends who would walk with me to Sarawak Club on Fridays after school when i had no walking partners (I would like to point out that I was in Form 2 at that time so my imagination was sorta...uh...strange. Anyways, Brad and Ryan stopped accompanying me for my hike up the hill from school to club when i was in Form 4) and many more. Oh, I sometime i like to stare into space with a vacant look in my eyes. Please do not misunderstand me and call me 'haulien' if you walk pass me at that time and I didn't even acknowledge your presence that's simply 'cause my mind would be in another world. Yeah as the saying goes 'My body's there but my mind is somewhere' (Actually, i just made this saying up. Witty ain't it?)

Next would be the word 'Languid'. It was the last word i thought up for this title. I was stuck with 'Confessions of a .... Daydreamer' . I didn't know what to fill up that blank with as beautiful, smart, etc would just be too perasan. But then by divine intervention, i was hit with the word languid. I was a little unsure at what it meant so i looked it up and it turns out that the meanings were....
unenergetic (i do act like that sometimes)
unhurried (same as the above)
relaxed (sometimes too relaxed)
lazy (heheh)
languorous (eh?)
dreamy (Ahhah! It is suitable for the word Daydreamer)
droopy (i do look like a droopy wilted plant especially after vigorous exercises)
drowsy (i look like that all the time)
graceful (uh....i would like to think i am....haha...omg)
elegant (lol should've left this one out)

So there you see? There wouldn't be any explanations for the words 'of' and 'a' cause that would be just plain stupid. The word 'confessions' was used 'cause it sounded cool.

The answer to the next question which was 'Omgwtf is Rachael writing?!' would be that she did not know what to write on her first post so she just thought that she would explain why she came up with the name for her blog.....*cue laughter from the readers, audience, whatever*

So yeah...my first post...Yay me!

0 comments: